Monday 28 January 2013

Thing no.5

It never stops, does it?   Drip drip drip - RSS feeds.



Why would anyone want a constant dripping of information all the time, reminding you how little you know, how little time you have to read it all, and ultimately - how little you care.  Seconds after setting up the Netvibes page, I have hundreds of feeds to read.  When I tried to delete/tick them - I got a pasting fron Netvibes.  "Do you really want to tick these unread messages as read?" it scolded.  I shuddered with guilt - of course not - so now I feel guilty that I have hundreds of messages that I have no desire to read and no time to do so even if I wanted to.  I should make clear that I am talking about the University RSS feed and World news (or something like that) - not of course the Sot23 RSS feed, which is Thing no.6.  But I am reminded why I do not buy a daily newspaper - life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment