Friday 8 March 2013

Thing 16 - Flickr

Was not sure about this as I do not take a lot of photos - in fact whenever I use our digital camera, nothing ever happens, so was not sure I would be bothered about this one. I logged on, using Chrome, and eventually gave up on that one as the round doughnut would just have gone on and on circling so I had to stop it.  Internet Explorer again came to the rescue on this occasion, and subsequently.  I have upset Chrome very badly it seems. 

 However, I found it very addictive in a way that Twitter was not.  It was easy to use and I managed to upload photos, which I found amazing.  It was also fun to put them into galleries and sets.   I successfully managed to rotate images and feel delighted by my start.  I decided I would have a go at taking photos again on my day off, and my luck was in as I actually managed to take pictures this time and was again childishly delighted,  This morning I uploaded my photos onto Flickr and was able to sort them in a way I found very satisfying.  In fact, I now would like to gather together all my photos and put them on here. I could take them on my phone as well, but not sure how I then transfer them, so will save that for later.

  They were easy to arrange, label and find when you need them.  I am a convert and could play with this all day.  And so to the chocolate.  Given that I am not a huge fan of light and tasteless wafer biscuits, including Kit Kat, I am afraid to say, I did not expect to be bothered by KitKat Chunky.  However, this is a stupendously satisfying chocolate bar, and the added flavours make it even more exciting, so take this Flickr!  You are my happy surprise.


(Found doing a Creative Commons search!)

However, my delight in Flickr was given a bit of a cold shower when I got to:

Thing 17 - Creative Commons

I knew they would catch up with me, and my wanton use of chocolate images would be taken to task.  I consider my hand well and truly slapped.  However, there are lots of chocolate images available through Creative Commons, and I do feel I have refreshed my awareness of this and  feel suitably chastened.  I searched Google images for chocolate with creative commons and did find quite a few, such as:



which is from commons.wikimedia.org and labelled as such under Google images.  But there were also lots of other images with just their web addresses and no clues as to copyright.  But clicking on the image and then the tab "Visit page" showed you that the image was indeed credited with Creative Commons:



This is certainly something to bear in mind for the future.

2 comments:

  1. I think the chocolate people would be very happy with you promoting their wares in such a creative and imaginative way...in fact, they might even pay you!

    ReplyDelete